Friday, January 27, 2012

Good advice



Saw this on a friend's FB page and had to copy it.  Now if only I would DO it!

I have not scheduled working out into my week at all so far, but today I am planning to hit the gym for the 2:00 water aerobics class.  That gives me enough time to exercise, shower and dress, and then get home with time enough to empty and reload the dishwasher and the washer/dryer before the kids get home.

I KNOW exercise helps me in so many ways, not the least of which is to get get in shape.  I have major clinical depression, and while it is mostly controlled by medication (better living through chemistry, baby!), exercise lifts my spirits and makes me feel good about myself.  And the water aerobics classes make me feel GREAT about myself.  Okay, that's probably because I'm the youngest by about twenty to thirty years so therefore am usually able to push myself even more than the instructor says and still look graceful doing it, but hey - whatever works, right?

I don't know if anyone actually is reading this blog or if it is mainly an outlet for myself, but in case anyone IS reading, what exercise do YOU do that makes you feel good about yourself?  Please leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment